Bathrooms are Bigger and Better than Ever Before
Bathrooms have come a long way in recent years. Once considered merely functional spaces, bathrooms have been transformed into personal retreats.
With all the innovative bathroom wash hand basin products, shower designs and new materials becoming available through the industry, the bathroom in your home can now be so much more than a sink, a tub, and a toilet in standard white. A simple bathroom renovation might replace fixtures or update the flooring whereas a complex project may change the layout, enlarge the bathroom or add an extra bathroom. Luxuries in bathroom remodeling – dual showerheads, body sprays, whirlpool tubs, heated flooring – can turn your bathroom into a spa.
Design Your Dream Bathroom
Turn your bathroom into an in-home retreat. Think comfort. Your bathroom is the place where you retreat from the strain of daily life. You don’t have to escape to a remote island just to relax. Your bathroom can become a spa you can visit daily. Are you more interested in expressing your individuality and sense of style than in following current bathroom design or decorating trends?
Bathroom Remodeling for a Reason
Each project is individual, but reasons for renovating are universal:
- Bathroom size and design — the room is small or poorly designed.
- Fixtures — the fixtures are outdated, small, hard-to-clean, leaky, cracked or inefficient.
- Structural — there are problems that require structural changes or repairs.
- Moisture — excessive bathroom moisture has deteriorated the bathroom surfaces, affected the indoor air quality or jeopardized the structure of your home.
- Plumbing and electrical — if your home is 30–40 years old, the plumbing and electrical services are outdated and need upgrading. Homes built prior to 1950 often have lead piping that may pose a health hazard.
- Heating and ventilation — the bathroom is cold in midwest winters because of poor insulation or poor heat delivery and the ventilation is inadequate, non-existent or causing secondary problems that need to be fixed.
Whatever your reason for renovating the bathroom in your home, make sure your design meets your existing and future needs. Bathroom renovations can include new paint, countertops, vanities, windows, vents, faucets and lighting. Tub and shower enclosures can be retiled. Floors, too, often receive special attention, with the installation of quality ceramic or stone tile, baseboards or the latest in heated flooring. And if the toilet is replaced with a new, efficient low-flush toilet, you save money in water bills.
Creating Your Perfect Bathroom
You have a great range of options, and there are lots of fun decisions to be made on the way to creating your perfect bathroom! A warm, comfortable, attractive bathroom can contribute to a healthy relaxing lifestyle. Choose from these upgrades to turn your bathroom into a home spa:
- Ceramic Tile Floor Combines Strength and Durability
- Steam Showers in the Comfort of Your Own Home
- Custom Showers Suit Your Unique Needs
- A Warmed Floor Fills The Room With Floor-To-Ceiling Warmth
- Heated Towels Are Waiting For You
- Fog-Free Mirrors Remain Crystal Clear
- Low-Flow Toilets & Showerheads Save Water & Money
- Fluorescent Lighting is Adequate & Energy Efficient
- Mirrored Cabinets Add Functionality & Fashion
Customize Your Bathroom to Your Personal Needs
Perhaps flowers, books, towels, plants or artwork you enjoy looking at during long soaks in the tub or that built-in stereo system with speakers suspended from the ceiling or set into shelves will personalize your bathroom and make it into a retreat from everyday life — work, family, etc.; the perfect environment in which to relax.
Bathtubs and Sinks are no longer One-Size, One-Color Fits All
Luxurious bathtubs are becoming more and more popular in bathrooms today. Whirlpool tubs provide adequate depth for comfortable bathing. Air jets and water jets massage or pulsate. Bathtub Cans fit into your available space; Claw Foot tubs bring charm and romance into your bathroom; and the Soft Bathtub is padded with supple cushioning become more cushioned when hot water is added.
Stone, marble, glass, stainless and copper or even hand-blown sinks are the rage. A custom natural stone bathroom sink will provide lasting endurance. It is tough enough to withstand everyday wear and will remain as beautiful as the day it was purchased. Copper is more sanitary than any other sink product. In fact, it is a natural antibacterial product. Bacteria will not live on copper. Hand blown glass sinks, individually hand crafted from molten glass, fired to 2300 degrees, and shaped from the artist’s hands with the use of simple tools have become the latest must-have for big city luxury apartment owners.
Few other home improvement projects equal bathroom renovations in dramatically increasing your equity. A bathroom renovation typically offers a 64-71% return on your investment, meaning increased value of your home for resale.
Remodeling Your Bathroom with J&J Construction
J&J Construction Professionals can give you the bathroom of your dreams, creating a comfortable and relaxing space. Contact us today to discuss your exciting project!